Wallingford, United States
about 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Production Test Technician in Wallingford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Production Test Technician your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Provide engineering department with technical and production support. Operate and maintain tooling and specialty equipment in assigned area. Perform required tests and maintain equipment.
- Position requires knowledge of mechanics, manufacturing processes and various materials.
- Plan and lay out work to meet production and schedule requirements.
- Set up and operate specialty production equipment in accordance with manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures. Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity. Calibrate or adjust equipment to ensure quality production.
- Set up and test products or subassemblies for functionality or quality.
- Maintain and use tools and equipment such as, but not limited to calipers, micrometers, height gauges, tip gauges, cutting tools, crimping tools, drills, laser solder machine, torque wrenches, microscopes, comparators, presses, automated or computerized specialty equipment, etc., including metric tools and measurements.
- Assist in defining process for new products.
- Work with engineering department in determining improved methods and tooling for assigned production area.
- Adhere to customer specifications and to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety, and environmental compliance
- Detect and report defective materials, improper operations, faulty equipment and unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition. Comply with all safety rules and regulations.
- Complete production records, maintain work instructions and enter data into computer as required.
- Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or other related discipline
- 2+ years’ experience working in electronics industry
- Experience with use of equipment for testing RF products such as, spectrum analyzers, frequency counters and multimeters
- Capable of reading and have basic understanding of electrical schematics
- Work closely with engineers to solve problems
- Work closely with engineers to generate assembly and test methods for new and existing products
- Troubleshoot products and make suggestions for improvement
- Have basic soldering skills and be able to work with surface mount components
- Capable of following directions, working with limited documentation and participate in generating new documentation
- Be highly organized and capable of working on multiple projects
- Have good computer skills
- Capable of training other personnel
- Have excellent verbal and written skills
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- Basic understanding of simple circuits
- Be mechanically inclined with ability to build test fixtures
- Candidate must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Greencard holder)
• Electronic: 2 years (Required)
• Duration: 6 months temp to permanent
• Location: Wallingford, CT.
• Salary: Salary: $24hr.
• Benefits: yes 95% of benefits are paid.
• Shift- 1st shift is 6am -2:30pm
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.