Danbury, United States
4 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Project CIP Engineer in Danbury, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As Project CIP Engineeryour day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
An exciting role as a Project CIP Engineer located at our offices in Danbury, Connecticut. This function will develop and deploy cost effective, timely, high impact capital improvement projects to meet business growth, operational stability, EHS, and production quality needs. This involves a range of activities including:
- Gather input and collaborate with key stakeholders from Operation, Maintenance, EHS, R&D, IT to identify capital project improvements to address operational deficiencies, meet business opportunity needs and progress in improvement manufacturing technology and quality.
- Maintain relationships and awareness with operations, quality, EHS of ongoing operation challenges and opportunities to develop future state capital projects.
- Develop staged project deliverables to drive early project feasibility decision making with least effort by leading activities such as scope development, HAZOP, value stream mapping, goal deliberation, process flow diagrams, staged design reviews, component and system bid specifications and scope of work, conceptual estimates, project business case presentations and project charters.
- Execute high quality low risk projects through development of piping and instrumentation diagrams, detail component specifications, layout diagrams, instrument specifications, automated control descriptions.
- Utilize education foundations in fluid dynamics, heat transfer, process control and unit operations as well as 3rd party expertise in mechanical, civil, structural, electrical and regulator code compliance for design development, system analysis and design comparisons.
- Manage project costs through progressive estimate development, competitive bid analysis, coordinate with vendors and subcontractors, project cost management and timely communication with stakeholders in finance and operations.
- Promote strong stakeholder communication and awareness by means of staged project reviews, goal deliberation, detail design reviews, business case development collaboration, project commissioning and close out planning.
- Promote innovation in capital improvements by ongoing relationships with equipment, instrumentation, systems vendors, participation in professional development in chemical engineering, instrumentation, automation and project management and dissemination of knowledge to stakeholders.
- Support facility process automation through training, collaboration on design of new processed and migration of existing processes into PLC (Automation Direct) or DCS (DeltaV) through development of P&ID’s, control logic, sequential function charts, interlocks, alarms and execute control configuration of logic, HMI, alarms, interlocks, recipe based controls and historization.
- Provide engineering expertise in the manufacturing support of role by working with operations, maintenance, EHS to diagnoses operational performance issues and recommend, design and deploy solutions.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Comply with all environmental, and safety policies and procedures.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Professional Engineering Licensure preferred.
- Two to five years’ experience in chemical manufacturing capital project development, process engineering, and experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Use of AUTOCAD, ASPEN, proficiency in use of MS Project, Excel for design computational analysis of piping and unit operations. Experience in PLC/DCS control design and configuration.
- Support in plan configuration upgrades or work in collaboration with 3rd party integrators.
- Ability to navigate projects that will improve overall manufacturing environment which require commitment by operations to fund project, train operations and establish expectations with operators to support and use new systems properly.
- Familiarity with safety system design, OSHA PSM elements and hazard analysis methods.
- Some clients require proof that temporary associates have received all required doses of the COVID-19 vaccine by their first date of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation recognized by law is approved. To request an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Danbury, Connecticut.
Salary: Flexible for the right candidate. Open
Hours 8-5pm flexible on start time.
Benefits: A competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, Bonus program, profit sharing and 401k.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.