Peabody, United States
7 months ago
The successful Project Engineer will possess an understanding of power transmission and electromechanical motion products. Experience and knowledge in manufacturing, assembly, testing, and automated processes. Ability to function in a fast-paced manufacturing environment in collaboration on multiple projects and tasks with other departments is required. Must be able to lead, manage, and take ownership of projects. Experience in CAD design and detailing using SolidWorks along with a good foundation in GD&T would be helpful.
• Project management and contribution to the design and development of electromechanical/mechanical products for mass production as well as the associated production processes, and creating technical documentation to Customer and Company specifications.
• Assist in the design of assembly and testing requirements and specifications as required for application and production development.
• Create product specifications and reports in collaboration with other departments to ensure customer requirements are met.
• Work with other departments and the customers on application and product or process development.
• Written and verbal communication skills enabling a clear and accurate understanding when communicating with sales as well as directly with customers or vendors.
• Manage and prioritize multiple projects and everyday engineering tasks effectively.
• Work with relevant departments (i.e. Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Assembly, etc.) to evaluate and improve processes. When necessary, prepare reports for items requiring Customer approval.
• Conduct or participate in root cause investigations and analysis for relevant process improvements.
• Lead, mentor, and train as part of the process improvement or development.
• Project management experience in a manufacturing environment with knowledge of project management practices.
• Demonstrate design creativity and pragmatic problem-solving skills with the ability to design for manufacturing ease and cost in mind.
• Ability to work and lead across teams and communicate clearly with colleagues, customers, and partners in a professional and cooperative manner.
• Sound computer skills (Microsoft Office, ERP, etc.).
• Ability to generate accurate reports to clearly document and communicate findings.
• Familiarity with application and new product development processes.
• Ability to lead, prioritize, and complete multiple tasks in an accurate, timely, and organized fashion.
• Capable of delivering internal and external customer satisfaction to meet the needs of the project.
• Experience and knowledge in manufacturing, assembly, testing, and automated processes.
• Knowledge of power transmission and electromechanical motion products.
• SolidWorks and GD&T practices knowledge for understanding of manufacturing and inspection capabilities and limitations.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required in a technical field or equivalent technical experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Certification in PMP a plus.