Mendota Heights, United States
over 1 year ago
Seeking an experience Project Manager to join a large, complex global program involving replatforming legacy IT systems. Strong preference for candidates with experience in the Financial Services industry. Must have strong experience understanding operational flow for financial systems. This is a 5 year program. Seeking candidates with the experience we seek and a desire to be part of a long-term program dealing with leading-edge technology.
- Project Management – support identification of scope, approach, deliverables, dependencies, resource plans, roles & responsibilities to meet objectives and benefits within scope, time and cost parameters; create timelines, project plans and logs to monitor and control business project activities; build appropriate plans around team expectations, project risk management, communication, testing, training, and transition to business. Seeks appropriate consultation and guidance from peers, direct manager, program lead, project team or sponsor in times of ambiguity and adapts planning, communications and engagement accordingly.
- Project Financials - Provide direction and support to enable budget approval and prioritization. Ensure appropriate project financial health and expense efficiency. Clear understanding of supporting and delivery group assessments (business and technology) and challenging those assessments when appropriate. Mitigate financial risk through variance analysis.
- Project Risk – identify project risk and mitigation, as well as ongoing risk assessment and adaptation; engaging risk consultants and project team members ensuring appropriate escalation. Ensure compliance with applicable company policies for project management, information security, risk, recordkeeping, etc.
- Project Monitoring and Control – provide plans, progress and status reporting, stakeholder/risk/issues management plans, change control processes; ensure identification and appropriate conclusion of issues, assumptions and decisions. Follow appropriate escalation methods. Incorporate regular review and consultation with the sponsor, key stakeholders, business and support service groups to validate project progression, risk management, health and performance
- Project Communication and Change Management – Ensure project communication incorporates all those affected internally/externally to fully understand the nature and implications of the change. Seeks counsel of peers, manager, sponsor, key stakeholders, program or business leads in situations of ambiguity, adapting planning, communication and engagement accordingly. Support or ensure prolific and effective communications; produce and organize information for presentations on approach, plan and management, utilizing various mediums to adjust to audience as appropriate.
- Project Relationships – establish and maintain good relationships across the business, foster positive collaboration with project sponsor, team and partner groups to ensure the achievement of project objectives
- Develop and maintain key working and influencing relationships with appropriate colleagues across the business; ensuring new opportunities are identified and leveraged. Support and promote team member engagement and empowerment.
- Team Engagement: Providing support, encouragement, and effort to assist in accomplishing team goals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Project Management Institute (PMI) lifecycle and knowledge areas
- Knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools
- Strong use of Microsoft Office suite of products, with demonstrated capability in Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Strong written and verbal communication exhibiting clear, concise, communication through presentation materials, progress information, interpersonal exchange, and meeting facilitation
- Planning & Organizing: Developing specific goals and plans (who, what, when) to prioritize, organize, and accomplish goals; meet or exceed project objectives on time, on schedule, within budget
- Partnering & Collaborating: active engagement, developing networks, collaborating across groups and finding common ground across stakeholders; understand and meet the customer view and needs
- Managing Conflict & Negotiation: handling complaints, settling disagreements and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others in a positive constructive manner; ability to navigate in matrixed organization
- Problem Solving: Identifying problems; determining accuracy and relevance of information; effectively analysing information to generate and evaluate alternatives.
- Leadership - ability to mobilize and motivate teams, set clear direction and approach
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), or related project management certification preferred.