Durham, United States
almost 2 years ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates, and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Project Engineer in Durham, CT.
- The Project Manufacturing Engineer effectively develops and communicates the technical requirements for the implementation of efficient, economical manufacturing processes required for product realization. Someone who works on the floor and worked their way up from Toolmaker or CNC Machinist.
- Applies professional training and experience to identify, document, and communicate customer requirements, both documented and verbal.
- Manage projects according to documented procedures to ensure project scope, product requirements are met. Project management will include prompt and concise reporting of details including target condition, actions, and next steps with due dates.
- Develops and implements effective, economical manufacturing processes according to customer needs and the cost standards developed in quoting.
- Research and deploy new technologies in support of the company business plan.
- Evaluates and effectively resolves manufacturing problems using scientific thinking and methods as they arise in a timely manner.
- Plan, schedule, and facilitate formal and informal review meetings at suitable stages of a project.
- Plan and coordinate the process/product validation activities, including customer approval.
- May be required to communicate with customers on technical issues related to assigned projects/products.
- Coordinate project activities with internal and external functions as required.
- Coordinates with Quality Department for planning of new projects and engineering changes.
- Monitor, analyze, and coordinate improvement activities for assigned production products and processes.
- Develops and creates written documentation for manufacturing processes, instructions, purchase specifications, etc.
- Processes: Progressive dies, Stampings, Cnc, Assembly, Metal forming, Laser welding
- New product development
- Able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) and five years related experience and/or training; Associate degree (A.S.) and a minimum of ten years related experience and/or training or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Gauging, Methods/Design, Geometric Tolerance experience
- Use and calibration of measuring equipment.
- Years of experience—10 + years
- What are the hours. 8-5pm
Location: Durham, CT.