Manchester, United States
about 4 years ago
QA Laboratory Test Technician
Will be working in a Medical Device Development and Verification and Validation environment. The candidate will be responsible for performing laboratory experiments and executing test procedures. The candidate should also be able to participate in the design and execution of experiments in a team environment and be able to prepare and present technical reports containing the appropriate data analysis. The candidate should also be able to independently execute pre-defined test procedures.
The ideal individual will be inquisitive and encouraged to make recommendations for scientific and process improvements. The candidate will have many opportunities to relay their ideas to others within the group and cross-functionally.
- Perform various laboratory tests (e.g. water sampling, bioburden, endotoxin, total particulate, surface sampling, settling plate)
- Maintain lab and supplies
- Run experiments to test and optimize methods
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols and analyses of experiments
- Contribute to experimental design.
- Report testing status
- Technical and Quality review of test records
- Requires a BS in a biology related discipline plus 1-5 years of additional industry or academic lab experience
- Experience in aseptic techniques and working in a biosafety cabinet
- Capable of troubleshooting and development of new protocols, and in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions within broadly defined practices and procedures.
- Ability to prepare technical reports containing the appropriate data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to adapt rapidly to changing circumstances and new technology
- Ability to work well independently as well as with other scientists and engineers
- Ability to operate simple machinery and sensitive/delicate measuring equipment
- Must be familiar with following laboratory/test procedures
- Good communication skills
- Working knowledge of ISO 14644 a plus