about 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people. We are currently seeking a Quality Lab Inspector to work for a client in Wallingford, CT.
As a (an) Quality Lab Inspector your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: Analyzes finished goods and raw materials for approval or rejection. This position exists so we can maintain a high-quality product for sale. It requires a higher level of skills and the exercise of more individual judgment than a C-level technician.
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of products from QC point of view
- Some familiarity with chemical operations
- Operate and perform normal maintenance on all QC lab equipment
- Capability to interpret sample data
- Ability to apply knowledge of QC analytical methods. To assist in solving quality control and plant quality problems
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the timely sampling and analysis of raw materials and for timely analysis of finished goods; documenting results of analyses on Laboratory records and computer mainframe.
- Operates all Laboratory equipment.
- Keeps Quality control Supervisor informed of any problems.
- Maintains a clean Lab
- Disposes of old samples in the correct manner.
- Maintains Laboratory in Regulatory Compliance under direction of Laboratory Supervisor.
- Must successfully complete RCRA training according to job function and the regulations.
- Must successfully complete DOT Awareness training.
- Participates in emergency response as defined in the program and training capability
- Handles hazardous waste according to procedure.
- Follows emergency response procedures.
- Lift and carry 50 lb. boxes and pails
- Reach, with weight of 10 lbs., to a height of 6’
- Climb a 6’ ladder (used for sampling totes)
- Knowledge of QC laboratory equipment
- Some knowledge of products from QC point of view
- Differentiate colors
- Must be able to wear various respirators including face-sealing types (no beards) unless exempted
- High School diploma and experience in production or laboratory operations, or other applicable experience or education
- Basic Math and data entry skills
- Demonstrated willingness to work all shifts and occasional overtime as required
QC Laboratory Technician B
- Ability to work within ISO requirements
- Familiarity with QC lab operation and information flow
- Ability to exercise some product QC judgment and to recognize QC problems
- Ability to operate titrators and, under direction, perform simple titration parameter changes
Location: Wallingford, CT.
Duration: This is a 6 month temp to permanent. They will take you on permanent after the 6 months.
Pay: $19hr for the 1st week while training. Then $21hr with 2nd shift differential.
Hours are 7pm. to 7am. You work 3 days on 2 days off. Gain OT and 70 days a year to do more things with working this schedule.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.