Wilmington, United States
about 1 year ago
Quality Control Technician
- Support daily and weekly quality testing, inspections, and procedures.
- Initiate corrective actions to have final products with required specifications.
- Support Quality Control Manager to train associates on safety program to protect employees against harm.
- Mentor and guide staff to maintain clean and safe working conditions.
- Update and maintain all documentation for auditing purposes and collect samples for shelf life and laboratory analysis.
- Report to QC Manager specific information related to product information from Production dept.
- Conduct quality calibrations, internal audits, and project assignments in timely, safe and professional manner.
- Report results, issues and roadblocks to Quality Supervisor.
- Convey any instrumentation issues to QC Manager for review and resolution.
- Report QC Manager of unusual product observations and analytical results while analyzing or sample handling.
- Comply with established quality, safety, and environmental procedures and policies.
- Coordinate with management, general labor and outside inspection agencies to help maintain production standards.
- B.S. degree in Chemistry or Biology or related field preferred but not required
- 2+ years related industry experience.
- Ability to use all automated laboratory equipment.
- Computer literacy and experience with Laboratory Information Systems.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, along with good mathematical skills.
- Ability to follow company SOPs and perform complex laboratory protocols successfully.
- Understands and applies basic laboratory safety instructions, reagent handling precautions, and disposal of chemical waste according to local environmental regulations.
- HPLC, UV familiarity