Ashland, United States
about 2 years ago
Quality Assurance Specialist
Perform inspections or testing of mechanical or electro/mechanical devices, to verify conformance to engineering specifications. Responsibilities include maintaining inspection records and reports, data input into data collection systems and assisting Quality Engineers in the development of inspection/test methods. Knowledge of basic shop math, the ability to read blue print drawings, sampling plans. Proficiency in the use of Windows and Microsoft software programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use precision and hand measuring equipment to perform inspections to engineering specifications and drawings, including First Article Inspections (FAIs) on incoming material, as assigned.
- Maintain all inspection reports and data records.
- Prepare required forms and reports including corrective action reports, rejected material reports, and the like as required.
- Assist Quality Technicians and/or Engineers in developing or revising inspection procedures, as necessary.
- Participate in ACE quality programs, such as, 5S, RRCA, QCPC, etc.
- Maintain customer and/or Supplier Quality history files as assigned.
- Move material as necessary in performance of duties.
- Detect and report improper operations, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Maintain work area and equipment in clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Follow established company rules and regulations.
- Maintain quality standards.
- Perform other related duties as required or as directed.
- 4+ years’ experience in a receiving and/or in-process inspection environment.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications.
- Working knowledge of and proficient in the use of mechanical measuring tools and GD&T applications.
- Experience with Coordinate Measuring Machines, Micro Hites and Optical Comparators a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Windows and Microsoft software programs a plus.
- Good communication skills. Able to work as part of a team, and independently, under minimal or no supervision.