Lighthouse Professional Services is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people. We are currently seeking a Quality Lab Inspector to work for a client in Wallingford, CT.
As a (an) Quality Lab Inspector your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: Analyzes finished goods and raw materials for approval or rejection. This position exists so we can maintain a high-quality product for sale. It requires a higher level of skills and the exercise of more individual judgment than a C-level technician.
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of products from QC point of view
- Some familiarity with chemical operations
- Operate and perform normal maintenance on all QC lab equipment
- Capability to interpret sample data
- Ability to apply knowledge of QC analytical methods. To assist in solving quality control and plant quality problems
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the timely sampling and analysis of raw materials and for timely analysis of finished goods; documenting results of analyses on Laboratory records and computer mainframe.
- Operates all Laboratory equipment.
- Keeps Quality control Supervisor informed of any problems.
- Maintains a clean Lab
- Disposes of old samples in the correct manner.
- Maintains Laboratory in Regulatory Compliance under direction of Laboratory Supervisor.
- Must successfully complete RCRA training according to job function and the regulations.
- Must successfully complete DOT Awareness training.
- Participates in emergency response as defined in the program and training capability
- Handles hazardous waste according to procedure.
- Follows emergency response procedures.
- Lift and carry 50 lb. boxes and pails
- Reach, with weight of 10 lbs., to a height of 6’
- Climb a 6’ ladder (used for sampling totes)
- Knowledge of QC laboratory equipment
- Some knowledge of products from QC point of view
- Differentiate colors
- Must be able to wear various respirators including face-sealing types (no beards) unless exempted
- High School diploma and experience in production or laboratory operations, or other applicable experience or education
- Basic Math and data entry skills
- Demonstrated willingness to work all shifts and occasional overtime as required.
- Ability to work within ISO requirements
- Familiarity with QC lab operation and information flow
- Ability to exercise some product QC judgment and to recognize QC problems
- Ability to operate titrators and, under direction, perform simple titration parameter changes
Some clients require proof that temporary associates have received all required doses of the COVID-19 vaccine by their first date of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation recognized by law is approved. To request an accommodation, please email email@example.com.
Location: Wallingford, CT.
Duration: This is a 6 month temp to permanent. They will take you on permanent after the 6 months.
Pay: $19hr for the 1st week while training. Then $21hr with 2nd shift differential.
Hours are 7pm. to 7am. You work 3 days on 2 days off. Gain OT and 70 days a year to do more things with working this schedule.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!