Stratford, United States
10 days ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates, and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Quality Control Laboratory Service Manager in Stratford, CT. for our client’s QC Lab. This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the QC Lab and staff.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: The main function of the Manager of Lab Services is to ensure the QC Lab can test/analyze effectively to distinguish good product from bad. The manager is also responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Lab including, but not limited to, management of Lab staff, maintaining all QC Lab functions, methods and instruments and ensuring a safe working environment incorporating Good Lab Practices and company policies.
- Maintains staffing levels to maximize productivity and minimize costs.
- Maintains a staff of qualified, trained, and high performing personnel who can perform all analysis needed to distinguish good and bad product.
- Develops staff and conducts performance reviews in accordance with standards and duties as outlined in employee’s job descriptions.
- Develops and manages departmental budgets including capital expenditures.
- Develops department goals to align with corporate objectives and individual goals.
- Demonstrates and promotes the Company’s Values and Codes of Behavior.
- Oversees day-to-day operation of lab to ensure quality control.
- Responsible for all analyses and record keeping including testing that complies with, GLP and GMP rules and regulations.
- Responsible for evaluation of finished product, raw materials, in process and R&D samples.
- Develops and maintains laboratory policy, chemical hygiene plan and procedures manual.
- Updates and keeps accurate and detailed documentation of all testing, inspection, and analyses.
- Maintain and develop new and existing customer relationships-may include travel to customer site and/or customer visits.
- Does all method development on current processes and new processes up to and including research to find method/instrumentation.
- Maintains stock at reasonable levels in order to conduct lab functions.
- Responsible for quality and acceptability of incoming raw materials including new vendor approval.
- Reports all critical lab developments to appropriate personnel (Production, Product Owners) and the President.
- Responsible for troubleshooting problems with analytical instruments, repair equipment as needed, scheduling maintenance & repairs and contract management.
- Ensures the lab has representation on project teams or cross departmental committees.
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science or higher in Chemistry
- 3-5 years as lab technician PLUS minimum 3-5 years overseeing a team of lab techs.
- Experience with a wide range of QC equipment hardware and software (HPLC, GPC, IR, UV, Karl Fischer, % solids, AA, etc.)
- Experience using analytical methods to help identify and resolve quality issues in production.
- Strong design method development and review experience
- Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze and draw conclusions from data.
- Experience with tools and approaches for successfully engaging employees.
- Project management and leadership experience
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Stratford, CT.
- Salary: Salary for this position is $90-$100K.
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org