Fitchburg, United States
over 2 years ago
- Developing product quality plans for new product introduction which include requirements for in-process inspections, internal and external quality hold points, FAIs, testing, etc.
- Driving continuous improvement processes related to business and manufacturing processes.
- Working with Manufacturing Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure that they understand requirements related to contract compliance, engineering documentation, FAI process, nonconformance process, RCCA process, workmanship standards, etc.
- Manage production non-conformances and help improve manufacturing quality to achieve DRS NPS
- quality metrics.
- Leading on-site audits, evaluate prototypes, and review and approve corrective actions.
- Conducting in-process inspections and first article inspections.
- Review and approve first article inspections.
- Acting as customer and management interface in resolving and managing customer quality issues and driving root cause and corrective action on manufacturing process and product quality issues.
- Developing and deploy SPC initiatives.
- Providing support to quality technicians.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years of appropriate industry experience
- Proficient technical expertise and knowledge including precision machining of components and fabrications for large complex assemblies and rotating machinery
- Proficient with ISO Standards, 6 Sigma tools, Statistics
- Ability to read blue prints and understand industry and military specifications
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication, writing and computer skills
- US citizen required