Fitchburg, United States
7 months ago
- Develop quality plans for new product introduction that include general and by part number PO flow downs, FAIs, Source Inspections, supplier production sample inspections, incoming inspection plans, etc.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on critical supplier selections and drives supplier continuous improvement processes
- Work with suppliers to ensure that they understand contract compliance, engineering documentation, FAI process, nonconformance process, RCCA process, workmanship standards, etc.
- Develop suppliers to assure successful achievement of DRS-PTI supplier quality metrics.
- Lead on-site audits, evaluate prototypes, and review and approve supplier corrective actions
- Review and Approve supplier first article inspections
- Conduct source inspections at designated suppliers as appropriate
- Certify supplier processes for critical parts by ensuring adequate process control plans, inspection plans and Process of Record baselines
- Act as customer and management interface in resolving and managing customer quality issues and driving root cause and corrective action on supplier process and product quality issues
- Develop and deploy SPC initiatives
- Provide support to incoming inspection and quality technicians
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience and a minimum of 3 years of appropriate industry experience
- Proficient technical expertise and knowledge including precision machining of components and fabrications for large complex assemblies and rotating machinery
- Proficient with ISO Standards, 6 Sigma tools, Statistics
- Ability to read blue prints and understand industry and military specifications
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication, writing and computer skills
- Ability to define problems and drive to root cause and effective corrective action