East Hartford, United States
about 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer in East Hartford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a Quality Engineer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Responsible for Quality both In-process and Final to the assigned program or area to ensure that the product is built in accordance with customer and division quality requirements.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Reviews design drawings and changes, operation sheets, process procedures, test procedures, procurement documents, quality manuals, and inspection analyses to ensure that the division and customer’s quality requirements are met.
- Supports the contract review process.
- Interpretation of AS9100C, ISO9001:2008, ASQR-01, and other customer, material, or process specifications.
- Performs internal audits. Experience with AS9100 internal audits a plus.
- Provides Quality support to the Engineering group with NPI and analysis of nonconforming parts.
- Interacts with the Customer Service Department to resolve customer issues.
- Responds to customer CAR requests with appropriate and effective process improvements.
- Will interact with customer to resolve quality issues.
- Supports the Purchasing group with material procurement, special process, and approved supplier requirements.
- Generates quality metrics and reviews quality trends to mitigate process risk and institute process improvements.
- Measures and monitors supplier performance.
- Performs Root Cause and Corrective Action utilizing tools such as 8D and 5 Why’s.
- Lead and support Quality Clinic activities.
- Maintains Quality Records as required to assure compliance with all regulations.
- Implements new inspection tools and technology (such as CMM, vision systems, etc.).
- Supports continuous improvement projects
- Flow’s quality requirements to suppliers to prevent nonconforming product.
- Works directly with suppliers to resolve and prevent nonconforming product issues
- Four-year degree (or 5 years of inspection experience) plus 2 to 3 years as a Quality Engineer or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of statistical process control.
- Working knowledge of lean principles.
- Requires knowledge of the company quality system, as well as contractual quality requirements, which vary from customer to customer.
- Ability to validate inspections, interpret GD&T blueprints, and perform shop math (including trigonometry).
- Capable with Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Requires effective human relations skills to motivate others and convince them of the validity of solutions to problems.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Duration: Direct hire
- Location: East Hartford, CT
- Salary: open depending on experience
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.