Newington, United States
over 2 years ago
Quality Incoming Inspector- 2nd Shift
Perform all tasks in Receiving Inspection. Responsible for all aspects of quality inspection of the company’s products, using traditional metrology tools and techniques. Performs a wide variety of routine and non-routine inspections in the production process using pre-determined methods, including visual, dimensional, mechanical, test, functional, with part set up, CMM program call up, and operating CMM including loading into inspection sheets.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Efficient/effective planning and performance of complex precision inspection for determination of product acceptability, in accordance with company standards.
- Compile, evaluate and properly report statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products.
- Review inspection data to assure integrity and investigate/resolve discrepancies found during part inspection.
- When required to lead the MRB in resolution of issues, contact of supplier (internal and external) and notification of customer (internal and external) of resolution.
- Development, documentation and implementation of expedient methods of inspection to maintain product flow in accordance with company directives. This includes developing fixtures, gauges and the training of lower level inspectors in their use.
- Correct operation-programming of advanced measurement systems from OEM (original equipment manufacturer) written instructions and/or training.
- Using corrective action system and subsequent follow up process to resolve deficiencies found during job function.
- Correct loading and operation of CMM with established programs. This includes basic editing of programs (masking), verifying downloads, communicating results and the training others as required.
- Participate on problem solving teams for driving to root cause of internal and external quality failures
Education and/or Experience:
- 7+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Includes proficiency with surface plate layout techniques with traditional measuring devices (e.g., indicators, height gages, calipers, micrometers)
- Drawing reading, including working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances.
- Knowledge and experience with use of CMM. Use of Zeiss CMM systems and basic programming knowledge a plus.
- Basic MS Word and Excel skills.
- Rudimentary knowledge of components, assemblies and product form, fit and function.