Meriden, United States
11 months ago
Job Title/Description: 1st Shift Quality Inspector (contract to hire)
Location: Meriden, CT
Perform receiving, in-process, final inspection and test activities to evaluate parts and materials to determine compliance with Customer and/or aerospace specifications.
- Plan a perform complex receiving, in-process and final inspection activities to:
- Formed metal parts
- Machined metal parts
- Raw materials
- Assemblies and Sub-assemblies
- Verify that order documentation (purchase orders, specifications, standards and blueprints) are current.
- Maintain required inspection/test records and complete and customer documents and certifications.
- Identify and report non-conforming materials, improper operations and unusual process or product conditions.
- Maintain work area and inspection/test equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of aerospace industry.
- Ability to read complex blueprints
- General understanding of metal machining and fabrication practices.
- Superior abilities in mechanical inspection techniques. CMM and/or articulating arm (FARO or similal) experience is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior math abilities coinciding with attention to detail.
Education: Some technical school preferred
Other Experience: Minimum 3 years’ aerospace experience.