06022, United States
over 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people. We are currently seeking a Quality Inspector to work for a client in Bloomfield, CT.
As a (an) Quality Inspector your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:This position is an excellent developmental position for candidates aspiring to advance to a role of greater responsibility especially within Quality and Operations Engineering
- Work under general direction of the Quality Supervisor with minimum supervision. Perform dimensional and visual inspection of complex in-process and completed machines, cast, and fabricated parts.
- Frequently work to tolerances of .0001 or more, using complex inspection equipment and other such items as tool maker's microscope, coordinate measuring machine, rotary table, hardness tester, Micrometer, and Vernier, etc. Interpret and inspect to engineering drawings, specifications and other approved work documents for such characteristics as dimensional configuration, hardness, surface roughness, visual appearance and completion of required operations; records inspection results and completes required paperwork.
- Record inspection results and complete required documentation. May occasionally be required to inspect templates, fixtures and gauges. Report discrepancies or conditions that would result in defective products.
- Coordinate with product and quality assurance engineers to communicate and explain non-conforming; may work with customer inspector during concurrent inspections.
- May be required to participate in improvement activities
- Requires use of shop mathematics, together with the use of drawings, specifications, charts, tables, a variety of complex precision measuring instruments and/or the use of some training generally applicable in a particular or specialized field.
- Equivalent to 1 to 3 years of practical trades training. Over 3 years up to and including 5 years.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or have “lawful permanent resident status”
Location: Bloomfield, CT.
Salary: Depending on experience
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.