Shelton, United States
over 1 year ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Quality Inspector in Hopkinton, MA.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Quality Inspector your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The Incoming Quality Inspector will conduct Quality Control Inspection activities to determine product acceptance of components and finished products while assuring procedures are complied with and proper records are maintained. The Quality Inspector will disposition nonconforming materials in the Material Review Board (MRB), Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) and support general supplier quality initiatives.
- Perform accurate electrical, mechanical, physical and visual inspection of all incoming raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies as per Inspection Plans and Specification Requirements.
- Perform SAP inventory transfer transactions
- Work with Manufacturing and Supplier Quality Engineering in addressing nonconforming parts and materials in MRB.
- Read and interpret specifications and part prints, including Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerances (GD&T).
- Ensure calibration and maintenance is performed on inspection equipment.
- Initiate Non-Conformance reports as required
- Input and perform trending of key inspection process metrics.
- Manage and maintain MRB and RMA inventories at specified levels.
- File incoming component inspection reports.
- Train contract / temporary and new hire employees in the Incoming inspection procedures.
- Quality document updates including inspection plans, drawing reviews, procedure changes, MRB reports, etc.
- Act as owner of CMM instrumentation and perform verification, programming, and day-to-day usage.
- Assist in addressing RMA parts and materials.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Requires an Associate’s degree with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a related industry or equivalent experience.
- Requires working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and physical inspection techniques and equipment.
- Requires knowledge of inspection/sampling techniques and familiarity with ANSI/ASQZ1.4
- Knowledge of ISO 9000, ISO 13485 and FDA Quality System Regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Computer literacy using Microsoft programs.
- Knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Knowledge of CMM instrumentation a plus.
- Quality Inspector Certification a plus.
- Duration: 6 months
- Location: Location - 68 Elm Street, Hopkinton, MA 01748
- Salary: Max Pay $17.14/hr depending on experience
Requisition Start Date: 06/15/2020
Requisition End Date: 12/31/2020
Business Unit: Functions - Quality & Regulatory
Site: Hopkinton, MA
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.