US$20 - US$24 per hour
over 3 years ago
Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Accounting & Finance and Clerical.
Lighthouse Professional Services is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people
Job Title: Quality Inspector, 1st shift (contract to hire)
Location: Meriden, CT
Perform receiving, in-process, final inspection and test activities to evaluate parts and materials to determine compliance with Customer and/or aerospace specifications.
- Plan a perform complex receiving, in-process and final inspection activities to:
- Formed metal parts
- Machined metal parts
- Raw materials
- Assemblies and Sub-assemblies
- Verify that order documentation (purchase orders, specifications, standards and blueprints) are current.
- Maintain required inspection/test records and complete and customer documents and certifications.
- Identify and report non-conforming materials, improper operations and unusual process or product conditions.
- Maintain work area and inspection/test equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of aerospace industry.
- Ability to read complex blueprints
- General understanding of metal machining and fabrication practices.
- Superior abilities in mechanical inspection techniques. CMM and/or articulating arm (FARO or similal) experience is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior math abilities coinciding with attention to detail.
Education: Some technical school preferred
Other Experience: Minimum 3 years' aerospace experience.
Lighthouse Professional Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.