Rochester, United States
over 2 years ago
• Create and improve a Management Operating Review process to keep Continuous Improvement focus.
• Promote quality achievement and performance improvement across the organization by Improve, create data reporting system.
• Manage and Develop the quality team.
• Participate in the company wide product development process in conjunction with engineering, manufacturing, sales and marketing.
• Manage the supplier quality approval and audit processes and coordinate audit program for all suppliers
• Evaluate suppliers based on key performance indicators including audits, delivery schedules, quality objectives and complaints
• Develop/ track supplier quality metrics that will drive decision making including first pass compliance, quality inspection time, customer complaints and cost of inferior quality
• Primary quality contact for proactive and reactive Supplier issues
• Primary quality contact for proactive and reactive Customer issues.
• Analyze returned product for warranty resolution, request and coordinate laboratory analysis, documents results. Participate in all Customer related quality issues
• Write technical and management system reports
• Define processes and procedures and work methodically to establish a clearly defined quality management system; maintain company quality manual
• Setup and maintain controls and documentation
• B.A. or B.S. in related field
• 5+ years’ experience as a Quality Manager in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of quality disciplines and improvement tools, such as: root cause analysis, corrective action, standard improvement processes, statistical methods and lean manufacturing
• Experience in conducting supplier audits
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, suppliers and customers
• Experienced in lean manufacturing methodology and experienced in lean tools such as value stream mapping, standard work, 5S, visual controls, Kanban, etc.
• Proficient in ERP system and Microsoft Office applications