Manages and Ensures effective inspection, documentation, and development of Quality processes to manufacture top quality product (consistent with established standards, customers specifications and production goals).
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for developing inspection processes and streamlining inspection throughout.
- Responsible for interpreting customer/industry drawings, specifications, and requirements along with developing inspections systems/metrology to satisfy requirements.
- Manages all quality function employees
- Provide final judgment on quality issues.
- Responsible for effective quality processes including procedures, documentation systems, tools, metrics and measurable improvements that are required to meet quality system standards.
- Provide statistical and technical expertise to the team.
- Provide training to assure awareness and understanding of customer’s requirements and acts as the company’s main customer quality assurance contact.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Manages quality budget including gages, equipment, certifications, etc.
- Makes recommendations for and implements improvements to quality (i.e. gage technology, systems improvements, etc.
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing, interpreting and reporting inspection metrics.
- Manages the nonconforming product processes
- Oversees the AS9100 and ISO9001 quality system
- Quality Technology, Industrial Management, or 7+ years’ experience including management/supervision and experience with applying quality processes and procedures in an aerospace manufacturing/precision machining environment.
- Experience with application of AS and ISO quality standards.
- Experience with General Electric, Pratt and Whitney, United Technologies Aerospace Systems a Plus.
- Strong information technology skills especially related to digital gaging and other quality systems.
- Ability to create and effectively communicate regulations/standards.
- Ability to manage and execute on multiple, critical projects simultaneously.
- Must possess strong leadership skills
- Strong ethics to escalate issues in the face of competing company priorities.
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen techniques.
- Maintain a strong team environment.
- Vision system and/or CMM experience a plus.