East Hartford, United States
11 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Quality Manager in East Hartford, CT. Your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
· Direct and oversee the Quality Assurance and Inspection functions.
· Train and develop departmental staff. Provide performance feedback.
· Responsible for developing inspection processes and streamlining inspection throughput.
· Responsible for interpreting customer/industry drawings, specifications, and requirements along with developing inspections systems/metrology to satisfy requirements.
· Provide final judgment on quality issues.
· Responsible for effective quality processes including procedures, documentation systems, tools, metrics and measurable improvements that are required to meet quality system standards.
· Provide statistical and technical expertise to the team.
· Provide training to assure awareness and understanding of customer’s requirements and acts as the company’s main customer quality assurance contact.
· Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
· Manages quality budget including inspection, measuring, and test equipment, gages, certifications, etc. Makes
· Makes recommendations for and implements improvements to inspection technology, systems improvements, etc.
· Responsible for collecting, analyzing, interpreting and reporting inspection metrics.
· B.S. degree in related engineering or technical discipline.
· 10+ years of supervisory experience.
· Quality Assurance, Industrial Management, or Engineering experience with applying quality processes and procedures
· Experience in an aerospace manufacturing/precision machining environment.
· Experience with developing and maintaining an AS9100/ISO9000 Quality Management System.
· Experience with GE Aviation, Raytheon Technologies (Collins Aerospace/Pratt & Whitney Aircraft), and other aerospace OEM customers is required.
· Understanding of First Article Inspection Reports (FAI) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) reports. ECAV reports and submissions.
· Familiar with major customer supplier portals including GE Aviation and Raytheon Technologies.
· Familiar with Flight Safety and other critical component processes including ESA, VSE, SPS.
· Information technology skills especially related to inspection measuring and test equipment, digital gaging, and quality systems.
· Familiarity with export compliance requirements including DFAR and ITAR.
· Lean Enterprise and other continuous improvement experience.
· Vision system and/or CMM experience is a plus.
Some clients require proof that temporary associates have received all required doses of the COVID-19 vaccine by their first date of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation recognized by law is approved. To request an accommodation, please email email@example.com.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: East Hartford, CT
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume, salary expectations, and any references.