Cranbury, United States
4 months ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Product Development Manager-Food & Beverage to work for a client in Cranbury. NJ.
The R&D Food Lab Manager will provide technical leadership and be key contributor driving initiatives to develop new products/solutions and providing expertise for our customers, with emphasis in, but not limited to, the bakery segment.
- Ensure execution of plans and achievement of results by providing leadership and technical expertise to drive new product development and solutions for our customers
- Utilize technical expertise in Bakery to lead, develop and execute technical plans including experimental design, conducting research, collecting, and analyzing data, communicating project status internally and externally, generating reports, supporting plant trials and product launches
- Act as subject matter Bakery expert on baked product and solutions, offer technical insights and support to internal and external customers
- Assess emerging new technologies to further develop our food portfolio meeting strategic growth plans
- Collaborate with customer in joint product/application development projects and identify market needs and new opportunities for our existing food portfolio
- Drive development of new capabilities and tools to enable faster and robust customer solutions
- Support the roll out and commercialization of new product solutions
- Make presentation to sales, market, business development, operations, at conferences, meetings, trade shows and customer visits
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Required Education and Experience
- Advanced degree in Bakery Science, Food Science, or related scientific field
- 10 or more years of experience in Bakery R&D, Technical service and/or Plant Support
- Experienced with ingredients, formulations, applications, technologies, and processes in Baking Industry
- Experience with working with customers and in Bakery plants
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Recognized expert with Regional and Global customers in the Bakery segment
- Broad formulation, ingredient development and food processing knowledge in Bakery
- Proven success in formulation and applications development
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex, strategic projects meeting aggressive timelines and within budget
- Proven success in managing and mentoring direct reports and working with cross-functional teams and initiatives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment successfully managing competing priorities
- Solid verbal and written communication skills; Strong presentation abilities with all audiences and levels of management