Rail Car Technician- New Haven, CT.
6 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Rail Car Technician in New Haven, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Rail Car Technician your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: Job details:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Electrical wiring experience
- Ability to work outdoors & indoors
Rail Car Technician (RCT) - Analyzing, testing, troubleshooting and mechanical repairs on Rail Cars. Technical experience in US Military, Avionics or Automotive industries are comparable.
- Performs metal finishing efficiently and properly.
- Efficiently sets up all work on a rail car from drawings, procedures, and written and verbal instructions.
- Makes production aids such as templates and hand jigs to assist work.
- In addition, performs acceptable repairs on any material.
- -Builds jigs, fixtures, and other production time-saving devices from drawings.
- Uses hand and power (electrical and pneumatic) tools, efficiently.
- Efficiently assembles wire harnesses and terminates wire ends.
- From drawings can efficiently route cable or wire in complex areas such as cabs, electric lockers, or train line boxes.
- Has a working knowledge of electrical schematics and can troubleshoot misfires.
- Performs soldering to make wire connections.
- Candidates must be comfortable working indoors and out. Work ethic and flexibility in schedules are necessary.
mechanical, electrical, blueprint, schematic, testing, troubleshooting
Duration: 6 months Temp to hire
Location: New Haven, CT
Salary: Salary $20 - $24 depending on experience
Benefits: Full Benefits, Medical, Dental, Vision,
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.