Wallingford, United States
about 1 month ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Recruitment & Onboarding Specialist in Wallingford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Recruitment & Onboarding Specialist your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Reports to the Chief Logistics Officer and is responsible for all recruitment and onboarding of Delivery Associates.
- Proactively recruits for the company, with a baseline target of hiring a minimum of 10-12 employees per month, to account for attrition and growth.
- Manages end-to-end onboarding process, from initial screening of candidates, to the transition and introduction to management, while using the workflow management application Fountain.
- Administers Background Check, Motor Vehicle Check, Drug-Screening, I-9 Verification, and Payroll setup for all new hires.
- Facilitates zoom and/or in-person interviews, with intention of making “on-the-spot” offers for qualified candidates.
- Schedules new hires for basic driver training and manages DOT training pipeline & compliance.
- Provides cursory orientation to new hires.
- Cultivate team member experience, ensuring a smooth transition from candidate to new hire.
- Supports organization in implementing programs to help improve the employee onboarding experience.
- Identify ways to improve recruitment and onboarding procedures.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with employment agencies to ensure the selection of the most qualified candidates.
- Maintains electronic documentation of staffing plan, in a shareable file, which captures the status of the roster, and any planning related information. (can use Google Docs/Drive or any tool of choice)
- Ensures timely communication with Management regarding the staffing plan – to get ahead of any attrition and growth needs.
- Responsible for company-issued smartphone, company-issued laptop, and supply cage access.
- Provides End-of-Week Summary to Chief Logistics Officer on the staffing plan and any organizational support needs from management.
- 3+ years of Recruiting experience (Required)
- Familiarity of ADP and Workforce Now (Highly Preferred)
- Authorized to work in the US (Required)
- Strong knowledge of hiring processes
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Customer-focused attitude, with a high level of professionalism and discretion
- Familiarity with MS Office and/or Google Documents
- Recruiting: 3 years (Required)
- ADP: 1 year (Preferred)
- Workforce Now: 1 year (Preferred)
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Wallingford, CT.
- Salary: Depending on experience
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.