Trumbull, United States
2 months ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Director of Regulatory Affairs in Trumbull, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Director of Regulatory Affairs your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Directs the regulation process for products requiring regulatory agency licensing, registration or clearance, including filing necessary applications/submissions. Manages the accumulation of technical information and creates submissions for medical devices including in vitro diagnostics (IVDs) for approval, license, registration or clearance in any region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for performing CMC activities for assigned products for US, EU MDR/IVDR, Health Canada and rest of the world (ROW).
- Responsible for development of product launch strategy, including documenting testing requirements, submission pathways, and anticipated approval/clearance timelines for defined target markets.
- Manages the interactions with the FDA, the EU Notified Body, and Health Canada. Keep updated on all country requirements and changes.
- Participate in change control meetings. Review and approve requests. Notify Regulatory Bodies of changes that impact clearances, licenses, etc.
- Perform labeling reviews/approvals as required.
- Researching and consolidating regulatory requirements to enable future development of regulatory strategies for all regions.
- Create and maintain registrations procedures/protocols.
- Work closely with internal and external customers to achieve success.
- Additional duties and/or modifications to job description may occur at any time.
- Manages the 510(k) submissions for Domestic Market (FDA). Submit Q-Submission Meetings, such as pre-submission and issue meetings, to the FDA as needed.
- Create Technical Files, Design Dossiers and Health Canada notifications of product changes for submission to the designated Regulatory Agency to obtain/maintain CE Marking.
- Review and Maintain (MDD) Technical Files and Design Dossier/(MDR/IVDR) Technical Documentation after receiving CE Marking.
- Create New License Submissions, Amendments, and Fax Back applications for Health Canada.
- Respond to questions from regulatory agencies during review/submissions.
- Support and assist with the external audit program and participate in inspections and audits by Regulatory Bodies.
- Complete Regulatory Corrective and Preventive Actions generated from audit findings.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures regarding to regulatory submissions and processes.
- Create and maintain, a foreign registration database of all current in country registrations and licenses.
- Partnering with International regulatory contacts to understand requirements for product registrations for new and modified products.
- Partnering with International regulatory contacts to plan, develop and submit product registration applications for new, modified products and/or registration renewals.
- Coordinate with applicable stakeholders, to support submissions and testing requirements.
- Lead Regulatory meetings.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A./B.S.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: RAC certification is preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities: Knowledge and understanding of US, EU MDR/IVDR and international medical device regulations.
• Regulatory: 10 years
• IVDs 510(k): 4 years
• FDA, EU, Canada:- 8 years
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Trumbull, CT.
- Salary: depending on experience. 170K
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.