Wallingford, United States
about 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Scientist in Wallingford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Scientist day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: Your responsibilities will be to work with a team of scientists developing high quality immunoassay products for the immunoassay department. Other duties include the evaluation of new technologies and reagents to improve processes and the identification of novel applications for the immunoassay department. Work on extremely complex problems, where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables. Must be able to work independently.
This is a unique opportunity for potential rapid growth and the ability to highly impact the organization. The team you will join is fresh, passionate, and energetic. They have the collaborative support of an experienced leadership and coaching team, yet the team members have a lot of freedom to work independently.
- Develop high-quality assays by independently designing, performing, and analyzing experiments to improve our existing product lines or developing unique products.
- Possess high level of scientific understanding of immunoassay development and the biological attributes of target analytes as well as the underlying principles of our technology. Function as a subject-matter expert by providing meaningful insight to other team members and cross-functionally.
- Train others in assay technology, analysis, and provide rationalized recommendations for future experimentation.
- Develop novel applications for the products that can be used for Sales and Marketing content
- Research and discover new technologies (reading scientific journals, discussions with other scientists, attending seminars, etc.)
- Investigate and identify new research areas to explore for products
- Identify areas of improvement and work towards continuous improvement of our processes, including advanced data analysis, experimental design, and interfacing with other teams/ departments.
- Interact with other departments to collaborate in cross-functional product development. Keep accurate notebooks and records of experiments, write reports and SOPs.
- Follow company policies and practices as outlined in the Handbook and follow guidelines regarding safety as outlined in the AWAIR, Chemical Hygiene and Exposure Control manuals in accordance with the job.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
This position requires a Ph.D. degree in biological sciences or a closely related field with a minimum of 2+ years of experience and demonstrated working knowledge of scientific principles, or a BS degree with 10+ years of related experience. Experience in the areas of immunology, cell biology or related field is required, as well as evidence of high productivity and scientific rigor. Hands-on experience in immunoassay work is required, and assay development background is desired. Familiarity with antibody and protein characterization is a plus. Must be able to work in a fast pace environment, multitask, and have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Hands-on experience with immunoassays and biochemistry
- Experience with automated platforms or microfluidics is a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to plan, organize and multi-task to complete assignments in an efficient manner.
- Must have the ability to analyze complex data and results to draw conclusions, identify and appropriately evaluate a course of action.
- Ability to identify and define process improvement procedures.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work independently on complex projects and determine priorities for self and others.
- Demonstrate leadership in training other lab members and leading projects cross-functionally.
- Ability to pay attention to details and perform with a high of level accuracy.
- Experience with advanced analysis platforms (R, MATLAB) and/or statistics background is a plus.
- Excellent laboratory skills
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to follow/ write manufacturing SOPs.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both oral and written
- Duration: Direct hire
- Location: Wallingford, CT
- Salary: open
- Benefits: yes
- Shift: 1st shift.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.