Danbury, United States
about 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Senior Analytical Chemist in Danbury, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Senior Analytical Chemist your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: An exciting role as a Senior Analytical Chemist based in Danbury, Connecticut. This job function involves conducting routine and non-routine analysis of raw materials, in-process formulations, and finished formulations. The function compiles and reviews data for documentation of test procedures and for compliance. Collaboration with various departments on documentation, testing and implementation of final product availability is also key. This position covers a range of activities including:
- Operates and maintains sophisticated equipment to analyze data, and report results.
- Performs highly complex laboratory data acquisition, manipulation, and analysis.
- Compile’s data and computes results, ensuring quality control and compliance with protocol.
- Under advisement of QC Manager, performs quality dispositions and quality status updates that are in line with the company’s operating procedures as it relates to supplier control/food safety requirements.
- Supplies technical information and consults with co-workers regarding results of statistical and observational data.
- Acts as liaison with vendors regarding technology, equipment, techniques, and applications.
- Investigates customer inquiries and communicates corrective/preventive actions to customers.
- Complies with all environmental, and safety policies and procedures.
- Practice’s safety and environmental control methods.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and ability of GC FID and GC/MS analysis, method development and interpretation, titrations, specific gravity, determination of refractive index, and sensory evaluation of raw materials and final products.
- Bachelor’s level degree in chemistry or a related field, and proven work experience in a chemical laboratory or industry related field equivalent to 15 years or more. Alternatively, graduation from a master’s program in a Chemistry related field and 10 years or more of relevant experience.
- Excellent math and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on data and findings.
- Experience performing data entry, compiling information, preparing reports and other statistical information.
- Knowledge of current technological developments and trends in area of expertise.
- Duration: Direct hire
- Location: Danbury, CT.
- Salary: Open
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.