Englewood, United States
over 1 year ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Senior Benefits Administrator in Englewood Cliffs, NJ/Remote.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Senior Benefits Administrator your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Background & Purpose of the Job
The detail-oriented Senior Benefits Administrator will be responsible for the planning and administration of our employee benefit programs. You will be working closely with the benefits strategy team, human resources and payroll teams to coordinate the daily processing of benefits. You will also be responsible for researching benefit plans, negotiating with vendors, communicating with employees, and resolving any benefit-related issues.
A successful Senior Benefits Administrator will have strong organizational skills and stay up-to-date with relevant laws, regulations, and market trends. This individual should also have strong interpersonal skills, be able to maintain meticulous records, and collaborate with other departments and external service providers.
Reports to: Director, Total Rewards NA
• Research employee benefits plans and vendors to identify those that present the best value.
• Manage operational delivery of Annual Enrollment including communications.
• Manage Leave of Absence vendor and overall leave process while ensuring compliance.
• Negotiate with vendors and administrators for best plans, options and rates.
• Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
• Work with the Benefits strategy team to design, recommend and implement new benefits programs. Examine possible plan designs and benefits cost changes.
• Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
• Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
• Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
• Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations.Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
• Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDROs, QMCSOs, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing.
• Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records.
• Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans.
• Allocate group health and dental claims monthly and review quarterly.
• Audit the accuracy and performance of functions performed by benefits staff.
• Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in benefits programs, and identify the company's stance.
• Perform plan audits. Prepare, collect and organize data for actuarial assessments. Review data in conjunction with actuarial evaluation task forces.
• Review both short- and long-range cost estimates/projections and relevant statistical analyses regarding modifications in benefits programs and implementation of new programs.
• Survey industry trends. Complete benefits surveys and review information obtained from the results. Analyze complex benefits information. Forecast trends and assist with future benefits designs. Develop specific recommendations for review by management.
• Monitor administrative costs of benefits programs and recommend cost containment strategies, including alternative methods for administration and funding. Prepare budgetary recommendations and assist in the monitoring, verifying and reconciling of budgeted funds.
• Provide customer service support to internal and external customers. Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package.
• Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions. Provide training and support to group benefits associates, home office associates and the field staff.
• Experience managing multiple programs in a complex, outsourced environment
• Experience with retiree medical programs, RDS and Medicare
• Strong technical knowledge and implications of applicable federal and state laws pertaining to benefits, including ACA, HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, ERISA, PPACA, etc.
• Strong organization/project management skills including demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and timelines
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Strong computer skills, proficient in using Microsoft Office Software, including Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Duration: 2-3 month contract
- Location: Remote
- Salary: Experience based
- Benefits: Yes