Tewksbury, United States
14 days ago
• Execute job responsibilities in a fast-paced manufacturing/engineering environment.
• Coordinates all activities related to the purchasing of a product, starting with the purpose of buying by distribution, to include execution of the procurement process.
• Investigates and/or interviews prospective suppliers to decide if they fulfill the required specifications.
• Participate in the new product development process and support supply chain planning activities at the new product level with the R&D department.
• Establish strategic partnerships and supplier relationship improvements: discover and pursue ways to reduce inventory, reduce part costs, reduce lead time, improve terms, supplier consolidation, etc.
• Supply chain management, including purchase of materials in support of production schedules, MRO (Maintenance and Repair Operations), engineering, and others as required.
• Process and update orders and distribute information to support all purchasing operations.
• Implements contracts of purchase that conform with legislation of industry and government.
• Review documentation and data entry to ensure accuracy - reconcile order discrepancies and inventory issues.
• Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
• Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
• Help drive purchasing and supply chain toward continuous improvement with ability to organize and prioritize.
• Regular interaction with management, communicating status of milestones and impact of technical hurdles.
• Perform general and specific clerical functions with great attention to detail.
Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Operations or Manufacturing.
• At least 5 years of supply chain management or relevant experience.
• A strong mechanical and technical aptitude.
• Prior experience supervising, coaching, and developing staff.
• Strong listening and negotiating skills.
• Proven leadership and influencing skills with effective communication and computer skills.