White Plains, United States
10 months ago
To develop electrical designs and detailed construction drawings to accomplish construction and implementation of Generation and Transmission projects and modifications based upon information provided by specifications, design criteria, scopes of work or conceptual sketches. Design packages are prepared in adherence with applicable regulations, codes and industry standards and are vital for the successful completion of construction projects to ensure reliable and safe facility operations.
• A Senior Electrical Designer develops intricate design drawings for construction based upon technical specifications and design criteria provided by discipline Engineers.
• Independently prepares final schematic diagrams/wiring diagrams/block diagrams, cable & conduit schedules/flow diagrams/equipment layouts/foundation details/plan and profiles/structural details/P&IDs/bill of materials, etc. specific to their design discipline.
• Collaborates with other Designers and CADD Operators to develop complete multi-discipline design packages from data provided by Engineers and Design Supervisors.
• Reviews final drawings prepared by other Designers to ensure accuracy and completeness of design and typically provides solutions to technical and field issues in a timely fashion.
• Verifies field conditions through site inspections and interpretation of existing design documents to ensure that record drawings reflect actual field conditions.