Wallingford, United States
about 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Senior Incoming Quality Control Inspector in Wallingford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Senior Incoming Quality Control Inspector day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: Senior Incoming Quality Control Inspector to join our Quality team. Reporting to the Quality Control Manager, this person will be responsible for performing incoming quality inspections and will update and maintain quality records and generate reports as needed. This individual must have experience using various types of inspection equipment to carry out adequate inspection/testing. The ideal candidate for this role will be a self-starter and possess a great attention to detail as they will be the lead inspector responsible for managing the day-to-day priorities of the group. This individual will interact daily with Quality Engineering, Manufacturing, Process Engineering, Product Support, Assay Development and Quality Assurance to execute and coordinate inspections of components, sub-assemblies, and products to ensure they meet requirements.
- Perform Incoming Inspections
- Identify and implement the most appropriate inspection method for first piece, incoming and or final inspections.
- Develop and maintain various component inspection reports.
- Participate in Material Review Board (MRB) meetings.
- Assist Quality Control Manager with implementing policies, procedures, and improvement initiatives.
- Provide accurate and complete inspection reports per established metrics.
- Maintain proper identification and segregation of conforming and nonconforming materials.
- Assist Quality Engineering with non-conformance investigations as required.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience and/or training with a High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience in a quality inspection role
- Good understanding of statistical acceptance sampling methods for IQC such as AQL sampling or C=0 sampling plans.
- Proficient in GD&T and metrology. Able to read detailed blueprints, conduct mechanical inspection, and follow assembly instructions. Gage R&R knowledge preferred.
- Experience in CMM Programming and Inspection Plan development (OGP experience a plus).
- Possess strong communication skills and a desire to learn.
- Working knowledge of ISO 13485 or ISO 9001
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Duration: Direct hire
- Location: Wallingford, CT
- Salary: open
- Benefits: yes
- Shift: 1st shift.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.