Manchester, United States
over 1 year ago
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- The Senior Manufacturing Engineer owns the collection, processing and analysis of manufacturing process data to develop a technical improvement plan for area(s) of ownership.
- Work collaboratively with design engineering team to provide manufacturability (DFx) feedback
- Develop LEAN cellular manufacturing models that support the future ramp-up growth of various programs.
- Develop, line layout, standardized work, production control methods, clear assembly instructions, fixtures, and pFMEA’s.
- Cross-functional effectiveness both internally and externally with the engineering team, operations team, materials team, customers, and partners.
- Consult with suppliers to determine product specifications, working with supply chain team to purchase equipment, materials, and parts.
- Interface with manufacturing partners for all stages of design transfer to ensure products meet performance criteria, delivering a quality product on-time.
Skills and Experience:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or suitable combination of successful prior experience and education.
- 5+ years’ experience in a hands-on, production manufacturing engineering role (medical device preferred).
- Previous experience building, troubleshooting, and repairing complex electro-mechanical systems/devices, manufacturing processes and assembly lines.
- Knowledge of component forming processes, assembly processes, and production line optimization, documentation and process improvement.
- Preferred experience in Design for Manufacturability and/or Design Transfer for complex medical devices.
- Previous experience with ERP/MRP Systems, preferably Exact MAX
- Understanding and successful prior use of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Principles
- Green belt or higher certification preferred