Agawam, United States
almost 3 years ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer in Agawam, MA.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
Senior Network Administrator
The Senior Network Administrator ensures the stability, integrity, performance, and sustainability of our on-premise and hosted enterprise wide network as well as maintain our robust corporate network infrastructure. Reporting to the Director of IT, the Senior Network Administrator will assume ownership of inherited network infrastructure for each company location, perform advanced troubleshooting expertise specific to networking issues and enable continued business growth through the expansion of corporate network services across the enterprise.
- Manage servers, including e-mail, print and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support to the Help Desk and the Corporate Office
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Support enterprise wide Windows Servers, Storage Architectures: SAN, SAS, SATA, Bandwidth, Performance & Backups.
- Support critical network services such as Active Directory and Azure AD Federation.
- Provide management of internal Cisco infrastructure including Router, Meraki Switches, Firewalls and Access Points.
- Experience administering virtualized environment, specifically VMware/vSphere.
- Remote access solution support for VPN and Terminal Services.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services related to project and/or client needs.
- Establish and install network security protocols to ensure stability and compliance of the business systems.
- Ensures network integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Identify and propose system improvements and efficiency opportunities, including best practices, tool sets, upgrade opportunities and features.
- Communicate effectively via written, verbal and presentation mediums.
- Work collaboratively within the IT team as well as with business stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years of experience.
- Certifications in VMWare, Cisco, SAN Technology a plus.
- Understanding of L2/L3 switching and MPLS (WAN) technologies
- Project implementation, management and network technology implementation experience required, including multiple project task management
- Background in Cisco, Meraki switches and routing a plus
- Expert knowledge of network Systems and emerging technologies from all network and network Appliance vendors.
- Advancing knowledge in other areas of Infrastructure Design and Management.
- Advanced Knowledge of support and administration of Network Management tools.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Exposure to manufacturing, quality and supply chain concepts such as LEAN, Six Sigma, continuous improvement and Kaizen.
- Experience working in manufacturing environment delivering IT solutions.
- Positive attitude, good judgment and excellent time management skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com