Parsippany, United States
about 1 year ago
Senior R&D Technician
- Development of new products, use general purpose laboratory equipment, methods, and practices utilized in the development of products.
- Builds R&D test fixtures per specifications provided, providing design assistance and feedback
- Provides text fixture design input and documentation
- Executes test protocols per instructions provided, with minimal supervision, and provides results according to prescribed documentation procedures, providing test protocol design assistance and feedback
- Builds prototype assemblies per specifications provided, providing design assistance and feedback.
- Presents test report and design improvements to R&D project team members
- Interfaces with vendors and manufacturing on assembly process
- Sources parts and supplies when needed.
- With engineering direction, able to troubleshoot complex circuits, mechanical assemblies, software functionality or accessories
- Understanding of a breadth of theoretical principles
- Considerable practical knowledge of basic tasks associated with job focus
- Must be able to build prototypes from schematics
- Must be able to perform work on PWB with surface mount components.
- Ability to troubleshoot down to component level
- Can follow semi-complex test procedures and protocols
- Can write basic test protocols and reports using guidance documentation or templates
- Ability to use basic and complex tools in area
- Medical product experience a plus.
- Computer literacy is required
Required/ Preferred Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma and 6 years’ experience OR
- Technical Certificate and 3 years’ experience OR Associates Degree and 0 years experience