Wallingford, United States
7 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Senior Research Associate in Wallingford, CT.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to develop high-quality immunoassays in both single-plex and multi-plex formats. You will work collaboratively with a team of experienced developers. Duties include assay optimization, reagent evaluation, and data analysis. The ideal candidate would have experience developing immunoassays.
- Develop new immunoassays, both in single-plex and multi-plex formats under minimal supervision
- Optimize formulations and procedures to meet all assay specifications.
- Use logical approach and critical thinking skills in experimental design, data analysis and problem solving.
- Understand biological attributes of assay targets by reading literature and defining design goals.
- Design and execute experiments to improve existing product line.
- Communicate effectively in writing and in verbal communications, including formal presentations.
- Act as point of expertise for development processes
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to form scientific partnerships.
- Keep accurate notebooks and records of experiments, write reports and SOPs.
- Perform general laboratory maintenance and cleaning, including laboratory equipment. Maintain laboratory supplies.
- Follow company policies and practices as outlined in the Handbook and follow guidelines regarding safety as outlined in the AWAIR, Chemical Hygiene and Exposure Control manuals in accordance with the job.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Or Master’s degree in a related field and 2-5 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Hands-on experience with immunoassays and biochemistry is required.
- Experience with automated platforms or microfluidics is a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to analyze data independently.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and can transition quickly to new projects when necessary.
- Exhibit excellent laboratory skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both oral and written
- Ability to follow/write manufacturing SOPs.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and demonstrate initiative and teamwork.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Wallingford, CT
- Salary: Depending on Experience
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.