Shelton, United States
about 2 years ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Senior Research Associate in Waltham, MA
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Senior Research Associate your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Technically contribute to multiple projects developing reagent kits for molecular diagnostics
- Hands-on involvement in molecular assay development, verification and validation
- Present experimental findings and interpretations to R&D team members
- Actively contribute to technical root cause activities to identify and alleviate roadblocks internally and with customers
- Ensure timely completion of all relevant deliverables. Plan own work in alignment with overall timelines of the R&D projects and support other team members.
Education and Experience:
• BS or above in relevant science field, such as biology, molecular biology, or cell biology
- Good bench work skills and an ability to perform careful and consistent experimental procedures
- Knowledgeable in molecular methods for DNA purification, cloning and amplification, real-time PCR preferred
- Experience with different real-time PCR instruments (Bio-Rad, Thermofisher, Roche) is a plus
- Self-planning, strong sense of ownership and interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in fast pace environment, where change is a constant
- Duration: 4 month contract.
- Location: Waltham, MA
- Salary: PAY - $25-30/hr depending on experience;
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.