Wallingford, United States
over 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Wallingford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Sr. Software Engineer your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The Senior Software Engineer will work as an individual contributor, leader, and multi-discipline team member sustaining and developing commercial and internal software for a life-sciences microfluidic based instrumentation platform that performs immunoassays automatically. The position involves proactive collaboration with users to define, design, develop, test, document and sustain a growing portfolio of commercial and internal software.
- Collaborate with internal users to sustain, enhance, and add new features into existing web applications, web services, and desktop applications utilized by the business and its customers.
- Proactively pursue opportunities to apply informatic solutions to internal and customer challenges via building clever proof of concept software that solves business process inefficiencies and biologist’s workflow, data analysis, and support challenges.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 6-10 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, and communication skills.
- Experience developing algorithms and data processing.
- Experience developing communication protocols, multi-threaded applications, and UI design.
- Experience developing web applications.
- Experience developing with Visual Studio 2019 and the Microsoft stack:
- .NET Framework - C# - WinForms, WPF
- SQL Server – RDBMS design and implementation
- Entity Framework
- ASP.NET MVC
- Web Services – REST / SOAP
- Azure experience is a plus.
- .NET Core for macOS or Linux applications is a plus.
- Experience with Version Control. E.g., SVN or Git
- Experience with Agile tools. E.g., JIRA or ServiceNow
- Experience interfacing computers with instrumentation, digital communication protocols, cameras, and motion control is a plus.
- Experience working in ISO-9001 or ISO-13485 environments is a plus.
- Experience with Data Warehousing and ETL is a plus
- LabVIEW experience is a plus.
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Wallingford, CT
- Salary: Depending on Experience
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.