Ayer, United States
3 months ago
• Review and approve test plans for power-electronic based systems; prepare product and equipment for test; execute test plans; gather, compile, and summarize data; generate test reports/results
• Troubleshoot and repair product as required.
• Construct test equipment according to specified requirements.
• Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair production test equipment. Ensure equipment meets ISO calibration policy
• Provide recommendations and documentation to product designers on design improvement.
• Train engineers, field service technicians and new hires on product test, operation of test equipment, and testing safety.
• Work with outside subcontractors as required to set-up test environments for AMSC product lines.
• Make decisions regarding safety, quality, and environmental policies.
• Take lead in Continuous Product Improvement (CPI) activities with Manufacturing and Engineering.
• Direct manufacturing personnel regarding product quality issues.
• Recommend tools, test equipment and safety supplies and initiate requisition for purchase.
Education - Experience:
• 4-year bachelor’s degree in Electrical or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5-8 years of hands-on experience in the manufacturing or R&D environments.
Required Skills, Competencies, Authorities and Training Needs:
• Ability to troubleshoot to PCB level. Able to troubleshoot to circuit level would be a plus. Experience with small-scale electrical systems and large-scale electrical systems.