For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Shot Peen / Painter in East Granby, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
- Interpret work orders, engine manuals, and blueprints to determine information such as type of operations, and sequence of operations required.
- Perform a variety of duties to plan, set up, mask, and spray parts to meet production requirements. Mask and/or grit blast part to prepare for coating. Use judgment in determining proper flow and speed of spray for the best results and compliance with all specifications.
- Work with Engineering to develop programs, determine new methods, develop parameters, and determine material type for new or modified products. Provide direction to other workers where modifications and adjustments are required to meet specifications and ensure quality treatment.
- Ensure use of proper fixtures and tools; maintain adequate inventory levels of material to meet production goals. Requisition materials and tooling as required.
- Obtain laboratory approval of new sprays and processes, as required. Follow established procedures and parameters to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure regular maintenance of equipment, such as rebuilding guns and changing contact tubes.
- Monitor and inspect work in progress to ensure acceptable operational standards are maintained and that product meets all specifications and requirements. Oversee booth inspection processes.
- Detect faulty operations and materials and report these and other problems to immediate supervisor. Comply with all company and safety rules and regulations
- In addition to plasma/masking duties, cross training will be required to learn and perform other duties as necessary. The role will be a platform for growth into other roles in operations.
- Provide training to others as required.
- 2+ years’ experience or education in manufacturing/aerospace preferred.
- Good mathematical skills
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints and technical documents
- Skills Desired: Excellent attention to detail, ability to multitask, good communications skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Monday - Friday 7-3pm.
- Duration: direct hire
- Location: Windsor, CT.
- 1st shift
- This position is a safety sensitive position. Applicant must comply with all applicable FAA and DOT drug and alcohol testing rules.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!