Danbury, United States
over 1 year ago
We are currently seeking a Small Scale Chemist Level I in Danbury, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
An exciting role as a Small Scale Chemist Level I in our Distillation Department based in Danbury, Connecticut.
This function assists chemists in various aspects of synthetic/analytical processing. This involves a range of activities including:
Skills & Experience:
- Sets up and adjusts chemical production equipment. May operate certain equipment as assigned and/or process under supervision.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area and equipment.
- Processes separation of washes without loss of product.
- Ensures proper care, safety, maintenance and usage of technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Daily sampling, start-up and shutdown of continuing processes.
- Maintains all necessary production, safety, inventory, training and other records and/or logs as required, in written and/or computer format.
- Receives and carries out instructions on specific assignment objectives.
- Complies with all environmental, and safety policies and procedures.
- Complies with all established health, safety and regulatory compliance standards.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Ensures proper care, safety, maintenance and usage of technology, equipment, and/or systems during processing and properly starts up and shuts down at end of shift.
- BS in Chemistry or related field and one to five years’ previous experience.
- Knowledge of the principles and basic techniques of Gas Chromatography.
- Knowledge of piping and valve operations to control reactions.
- Ability to evaluate materials by odor.
- Ability to use interchangeably metric and U.S standards of weights and measures.
- Skill in the operation and care of laboratory equipment.
- Ability to conduct physical and chemical analyses to acquire and report meaningful data.
- Duration: direct hire
- Location: Danbury, CT.
- Salary: depending on experience
- Shift: 1st shift. 7am – 3pm
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.