world's largest electronic stock market. It lists more companies and, on average, trades more shares per day than any other U.S. market. It is home to category-defining companies that are leaders across all areas of business including technology, retail, communications, financial services, media and biotechnology industries.
We are currently looking to fill a Software Engineering position responsible for Manual Testing & Test Automation Development. You will provide automated, and some manual functional testing as well as model-based testing of our most high visibility products. You will help design test plans for new projects, and ensure that testing procedures are consistently followed. You will use tools to report issues and consistently track status. You will bring an ample degree of industry knowledge to your position, which will help you in implementing a testing methodology maximized to the needs of the group. You will participate in development of major/minor project efforts as required. You are an excellent communicator.
Typical Job Functions:
- Automated and manual functional testing of new products/product features as well as automated regression testing of existing functionality.
- Writing, reviewing, and updating product test plans, test cases, automated test scripts, and scenarios.
- All tiers of testing – manual, automated, front-end, and back-end.
- Execution of test plans, automated test scripts and test cases to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards, development specifications, and/or client requirements.
- Reporting bugs and tracking status through a resolution system.
- Build and maintain test tools and test applications to perform automated functional and regression testing as well as model-based architecture testing.
- Work closely with development, product development, and operations departments to ensure quality and timely services are delivered to clients.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of the market host systems.
- Review system requirements and business processes.
- Maintain testing tools to be used by the broader team.
- Minimum 3 years experience with QA testing or related functions
- Experience with automation frameworks and tools (required)
- Experience with automated testing tools (required)
- Experience with LINUX command-line environments (required)
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Management (preferred)
- Experience and knowledge with the US Equities market and the business functions behind it (preferred)
- Experience with financial industry messaging protocols – ie: FIX (preferred)
- Experience with UML programming and Model-Based systems design (preferred)
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong analysis and autonomous problem discovery and solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a creative thinker.
- Self-motivated (self-starter) and intellectually curious.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and execute in a dynamic environment, adjusting appropriately to changes to business, resource, or product priorities.
- Bachelor's degree or higher required, comparable experience may be substituted.
- Some domestic and international travel may be needed.