Mendota Heights, United States
over 2 years ago
Looking for an exciting opportunity and a chance to grow your career? Let Lighthouse Professional Services help you find a great fit! Our client in Mendota Heights, MN is seeking a Solution Architect for a key position on a complex, global development initiative.
Main Purpose of Job
Our client is a leading UK and US Business Process Outsourcer and Financial Technology provider. In the US, providing services to many of the best known brands in the U.S. and the U.K., covering 15% of the NYSE and 70% of the FTSE 100.
As a leading provider of complex administration and payments solutions we have a track record of enabling our clients to improve the effectiveness and performance of their businesses through the critical thinking, expertise, technology, complex administration and payment services we provide.
Our services are delivered by over 5,000 employees worldwide. This enables us to offer solutions that are flexible, adaptable and scalable. We process £160 billion in payments every year. Our services benefit 30 million people worldwide.
Our mission is making complex things simple and we are always looking for talented people to help make that happen and underpin our continued growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding and dynamic software delivery team focusing on its core global platforms. The team has locations in the US (Minneapolis), UK (Worthing), Poland (Krakow) and India (Chennai) to enable an end to end Software Delivery Lifecycle.
The role is focused on the delivery of software solutions supporting the core global platforms, including their integration with internal and web facing systems, to support our growing portfolio of work. Working as part of wider delivery/project team you’ll play a leading role in shaping and directing solution developments, starting before project implementation begins and continuing this role through the life of the project. Your background should include experience of providing solution architectures within high volume ecommerce and/or highly transactional financial service enterprises. This is an exciting and challenging role, helping to mature and develop the solution architecture practice whilst supporting a growing global business
The successful candidate will:
- Design and communicate solution architectures, helping support global delivery teams in the design and development of integrated reusable solutions
- Through collaboration with wider Architecture teams/resources, produce solution architecture designs that adhere to standard, strategies and practices (including security)
- Present architecture design proposals to gain agreement from the global architecture review board
- Maintain and own core application frameworks ensuring changes and modifications support the global business and remain compatible with existing integrations
- Consider organisation process and service changes in addition to technology solutions
- Balance solutions using time and cost as factors whilst identifying and mitigating technical risks
- Engage with a variety of stakeholders at varying levels to ensure that all aspects of the solution are fully considered and agreed
- Ensure Solution Architectures are scalable and support known future product and technology roadmaps
- Work on multiple projects at various stages of delivery
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Capable of creating a compelling and accurate design that considers all stakeholders
- Experience understanding and interpreting business processes finding the right technology fit
- Experience in building good relationships across the technology team and within the wider business
- Ability to identify, escalate and manage risks, issues and actions
- Driven to update your skills, awareness and understanding of developments in the wider commercial world and capable of bringing relevant ideas to the table
- Awareness and knowledge of architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, ArchiMate, C4, UML, SysML
- A keen interest in technology and emerging trends
- Knowledge of and experience in using Object Orientated Analysis and Design and the Unified Modelling Language
- Experience of working within a software delivery lifecycle as part of multiple project teams
- Experience in the financial sector preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of/experience in ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
- Awareness of IT Data Security standards
- Experience in SQL Server and high level database design
- Knowledge of/experience in enterprise development technologies and tools
Core Values & Behaviours
- Acts with integrity and high personal standards in dealings with others
- Treats others with respect, openness, honesty and fairness (empathy)
- Creates the right blend of support and challenge – for self and others
- Maintains the organisation’s reputation for high standards of business conduct.
- Adds values and builds true partnerships
- Effectively manages expectations to achieve a positive outcome
- Makes a strong positive impact and professional impression
- Builds effective networks (internally and externally)
- Effectively communicates with key stakeholders and clients
- Motivate others to meet and exceed customer service standards by creating the right working environment and relationships.
- Is passionate and believes in what we do and who we are
- Champions collaboration across the business for the benefit of Clients and Customers
- Maintains their motivation and commitment, despite changes in direction
- Consistently demonstrates the Group Values, even under pressure.
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive of others
- Promotes teamwork and works effectively with others to achieve own and wider business goals
- Leads in sharing good practice, knowledge and experience with others
- Embraces challenges and responds quickly and positively to change
- Is receptive, flexible and resilient
- Adopts personal style to suit the situation and needs of others.
- Passionate about delivering service excellence and putting the Client / Customer first
- Works hard to get it right first time and keep promises and commitments to others
- Pro-actively takes actions and works with others to enhance our performance and reputation
- Takes ownership for problems and finds solutions
- Constantly searches for opportunities to add value and reduce costs for the Business and Clients
- Continuously learns and improves from experience and shares this with others
- Involves and leverages knowledge of others in decision making and problem solving
- Effective use of own time and commits to realistic deadlines.