Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Buyer in Enfield, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Sr. Buyer your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Cost-effective purchasing of supplies worldwide on high quality production standard and on schedule.
- Maintain purchasing master data (e.g., supplier information, article data)
- Material planning of cost and non-cost items, release/change of purchase orders.
- Complete processing of orders, which includes soliciting and processing of order confirmations, handling of shipments and duty formalities, etc.
- Manage vendor relationships expected deliveries, value added activities, cost savings, and development.
- Lead sourcing activities for their assigned categories that leverage our external spend and supplier base to deliver the best overall value at the lowest cost. Negotiate measurable spend reduction and/or cost avoidances by creating a competitive, rigorous sourcing process that is built on the Total Cost of Ownership model.
- Use sophisticated souring techniques and levers to achieve the savings targets. Tools such as cost based pricing, cost targeting, total cost of ownership analysis, specification rationalization, demand management, compliance management, collaborative cost reduction, low-cost country sourcing, consortia buying, market price benchmarks, volume bundling, process re-engineering, etc.
- Continuously drive improvements to the sourcing process to ensure consistency and scalability. Research, analyze and apply industry best practices to ensure processes are "best in class."
- Develop teamwork and collaborative relationships with suppliers, stakeholders and cross- functional teams that will foster support and alignment with the procurement vision and plan.
- Processing of complaints to suppliers and following corrective actions.
- Maintain purchasing policies and procedures.
- Ensure timely delivery of supplies and materials supporting production schedules.
- Maintain documentation control of all procurement related forms.
- Anticipate the impact of commodity pricing and market trends impacting specifications and manage tradeoffs of risk, quality, and cost.
- Preliminary work on statistics and reports.
- Processing of discrepancies on incoming invoices.
- Coordinate shipping/receiving department deliveries.
- Participate in NPD and Change Order projects within the scope of purchasing.
- Traveling to suppliers and manufacturers worldwide.
- Assist in signing purchase orders
- Continue to improve purchasing methods
- Ensure changes within the department are implemented in a timely manner
• Two-year (Associates) or Bachelor college degree or certificate and/or 10 years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Five - ten years' experience in a Manufacturing environment.
• Strong ASME/BPE standards and metal manufacturing process procurement background preferred.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Enfield, CT
Salary: depending on experience
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.