Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Electrical Designer in White Plains, NY.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Sr. Electrical Designer your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Transmission upgrade projects at the various generation facilities.
A Senior Designer performs calculations and prepares the most complex design packages for construction utilizing technical specifications, design criteria and industry codes and standards.
- Independently prepares the most complex drawings and/or schematic diagrams/wiring diagrams/block diagrams, cable & conduit schedules/flow diagrams/equipment layouts/foundation details/plan and profiles/structural details/P&IDs/bill of materials, etc. specific to their design discipline.
- Evaluates budgetary and schedule constraints and provides design alternatives to the Design Supervisor.
- Able to quickly recognize issues that could arise during the design development process and ensures they are avoided.
- Confirms final drawings prepared by others Designers are accurate and technically complete and in accordance with regulations and applicable design standards.
- Works with the sites to ensure that record drawings are in accordance with configuration management policies and procedures.
- Coordinates design efforts with the Engineers and fellow Senior Designers on multi-discipline tasks.
- Acts on behalf of the Design Supervisor in their absence or in special circumstances.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Superior technical expertise in design discipline. Extensive working knowledge and experience in engineering principles, construction techniques and exceptional design & drafting practices.
- Superior AutoCAD and Raster Design skills. Ability to effectively use drawing management systems such as Meridian.
- Excellent knowledge of related design disciplines and their interaction in the design process.
- Demonstrated ability to view tasks logically and determine essential requirements. Can generate a design solution utilizing accepted standards and codes.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and multi-phase projects. Can independently expedite work with changing priorities.
- Ability to solve the most complex technical problems quickly and able to recognize issues that arise early in the design process to maintain schedule and deliverables.
- Highly effective oral communication skills are required to provide detailed on technical topics to other team members.
- Advanced written communication skills are required to report clear, concise technical details.
- Demonstrate flexibility in changing project requirements, priorities and assignments.
- Duration: 12+ month contract
- Location: White Plains, NY.
- Salary: depending on experience
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.