Shelton, United States
over 1 year ago
3 Month Assignment
As part of the HR Operations function, this role contributes to our success by administering/developing our global mobility, immigration, and HR compliance programs; as well as providing sound reasoned advice to HR, business leaders, and relevant employees across these knowledge areas.
The successful candidate will have the professional or academic background that is necessary for deep understanding of the full spectrum of immigration related employment topics, as well as some experience/knowledge of global mobility needs and/or HR compliance (HR policy requirements, OFFCP/EEOC reporting and auditing, etc.) – or the ability and desire to immediately engage with self-directed learning on these topics.
- End-to-end management of our global mobility programs including expatriate and relocation programs.
- Ensure policies are contemporized and reflect best practices that support the mobility goals of our businesses.
- Establish operational processes that ensure the secure, accurate and timely administration of expatriate assignments and relocations.
- Monitor service delivery by internal and external service providers, ensuring assignment commitments are met and result in a positive employee experience.
- Monitor expat and relocation cases and expense and provide quarterly updates to HR leadership.
- Identify and manage external service providers to support expatriate and relocation services, including assignment consulting, tax management and visa administration.
- Ensure quality services are provided at a market-competitive cost.
- Provide oversight to U.S. visa management, with some direct immigration support activity required, as well as managing relationships with our immigration legal services provider.
- Manage U.S. visa policies and external service provider relationships.
- Provide instruction and ensure HR Shared Services staff members are equipped to administer cases compliantly.
- Address complex cases in need of escalation.
- Manage our US Affirmative Action plan.
- Liaise with external service provider to ensure timely development and filing of Affirmative Action plans.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition and Talent Management functions in support of fulfilling Affirmative Action plan goals.
- Collaborate with Legal to respond to audits, as needed.
- Provide project-management for our annual EEO/VETS filings, as well as any state agency compliance auditing needs.
- Liaise with HRIM to ensure our Workday system is prepared to generate accurate and on-time filings.
- Collaborate with HR team members to address any data issues ahead of the filing deadline.
- Partner with the Director, HR Operations to support preparation for Compliance Committee meetings and reports.
- Participate in planning and implementation of acquisition and divestiture projects.
- Collaborate with M&A teams to ensure effective on-boarding of employees joining the company via acquisition and their transition to company policies and payroll.
- Develop, draft and maintain HR policies applicable to the US as well as HR policies that are global in application.
- Work across the HR function, with Legal and external firms, as needed, to develop and maintain compliant HR policies that are structured to best fit the needs of our growing businesses.
- Establish and manage the HR policy repository and the avenues through which policy information is shared with employees and managers.
- Ensure the US Employee Handbook is updated as required and at least annually.
- Ensure HR policy repositories are maintained in accordance with sound document control processes.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure HR policy information and policy changes are easily accessible by all stakeholders and through a variety of platforms such as new hire orientation, our internal portal, and distribution through our Learning Management System.
- Any and all other tasks as assigned by manager.
Bachelor’s degree in related field required;
Minimum of five years related experience, including at least 2 years of immigration support;
Strong project management skills necessary, including high levels of organization, process orientation, and the ability to influence without authority.
Ability to effectively communicate programs and concepts at all levels (from front-line employee to senior leaders)
Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions and geographies
Ability to provide valued customer service support to relevant employees