Ayer, United States
about 1 month ago
Title: Staff Accountant
SEC Reporting Manager
Summary - Job Responsibilities – Activities:
• Prepare monthly journal entries including but not limited to cash, prepaids, and fixed assets.
• Responsible for account reconciliation and analysis for balance sheet accounts including but not limited to cash, prepaids and fixed assets.
• Responsible to review daily cash receipts for appropriate coding and customer application and then reconcile to bank statement activity.
• Responsible to review customer invoices for appropriate sales tax allocation and related accounting activity for accrued sales tax.
• Process customer invoices from Oracle and submit to customers for payment.
• Assist with accounts receivable collections and aging report preparation.
• Maintain all GL subsidiary detailed ledgers including but not limited to the accounts receivable and fixed asset subsidiary ledger.
• Prepare various audit schedules for quarterly reviews/year end audits.
• Prepare various schedules required for internal SOX compliance.
• Assist other team members with ad hoc projects and requests as necessary.
Education - Experience:
• Bachelor of Science in Accounting/Finance required.
• 1-4 years of relevant experience
Required Skills, Competencies, Authorities and Training Needs:
• Knowledge of Oracle preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel preferred
AMSC is an EEO M/F/D/V