Brewster, United States
7 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant for a client in Brewster, NY.
This individual will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly financial statements, analysis reports, and reconciliations. The candidate will also prepare requested work papers and collect pertinent information for third party audits.
The ideal candidate must have proven accounting skills and practices, excellent communication, and presentation skills along with strong business acumen.
- Prepares journal entries for posting to the general ledger
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system
- Prepares monthly reconciliations for various Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts
- Analyze plant expenses, including comparisons of actual to budget and prior year results
- Assist in answering accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Maintains fixed assets and associated depreciation schedules
- Provides outside auditors with assistance by preparing work papers and gathering necessary account information/documents to perform annual audit
- Under general direction, independently executes analyses or reports to meet project needs
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization
- Monthly reconciliation of various bank accounts
- Files applicable tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Requirements Education, Abilities, Competencies and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of three years of experience in accounting or finance in a manufacturing or construction environment
- Public Accounting experience
- Highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data
- Strong MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills, knowledge of Tableau, a plus
- Knowledgeable in SFAS/GAAP Rules and reporting requirements
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable manner, i.e., strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to interface well with other departments
- Prioritize work appropriately and complete work accurately, thoroughly and within deadlines
- Ability to self-manage, work independently, and seek guidance as needed
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Brewster, NY
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume, salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com