Beverly, United States
over 1 year ago
Your main responsibilities:
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document record keeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Perform monthly closing and all associated tasks independently for review by VP of Finance
- Responsible for Balance Sheet and Income Account proper postings and accuracy
- Accurately complete general ledger analysis; Make journal entry adjustments
- Manage finances to meet goals by reporting financials compared to budget
- Ensure company billing is accurate
- Supply outside tax accountant’s financial reports and various financial data to complete the federal and state tax returns. Review such returns for accuracy.
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate status in various states and with the federal government, by filing applications, keeping tax payments current and filing various government surveys
- File state sales tax returns; Calculate and pay all commissions to company representative firms
- Perform bank reconciliation; Assist VP of Finance with year-end reporting, prepare balance sheet, P & L statement; Maintain fixed asset schedules, document fixed asset purchases and calculate depreciation
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance. Four to six years or more related experience in Accounting.
Experience should include, but not be limited to staff accounting functions. Previous experience in an international firm and/or manufacturing environment is preferred. Excellent PC-literacy is required