Billerica, United States
over 1 year ago
Shipping and Receiving is great experience, as well as logging inventory onto an automated system for tracking materials.
This position is primarily responsible for supporting the materials requirements for manufacturing by picking, packing, kitting parts, typically in a Stockroom setting. Delivers materials to designated areas to support manufacturing.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
• Generates a pick list, (Bill of Materials), from the ERP system, (Made 2 Manage)
• Locates the parts in inventory using a barcode scanner or other location-finding device
• Verifies correct parts and picks parts from the designated stock area; uses barcode scanner to verify correct parts and removes items from inventory and places parts into a kit
• Uses hand truck, pallet jack, or other wheeled carts to move kitted parts
• Delivers kitted parts to the transfer area for use by manufacturing
• Conducts cycle-counts to reconcile stock/inventory records using report generated from ERP system, (Made 2 Manage) and reports discrepancies
• Tracks incoming inventory, updates ERP system, (Made 2 Manage), and updates inventory data using barcode scanner
• Places incoming inventory into designated stockroom areas
• Performs other job-related duties, as assigned
• Follows safety procedures/protocols
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent, combined with one or more years’ prior stockroom experience preferred
Qualifications and Skills:
• Ability to frequently stand/walk/reach and lift weights up to 50 lbs.
• Incumbent must be able to follow instructions and work independently with minimal supervision
• Incumbent will be required to wear steel-toed safety shoes and/or other required personal protective equipment, as necessary
This job operates in a stockroom/warehouse and manufacturing environment and routinely uses computers, bar-scanners, and material-handling tools such as a pallet jack or other wheeled carts. May use box cutters or related hand-held tools
While performing the duties of this job the employee is often required to stand, walk, lift up to 20 lbs. frequently, (up to 50 lbs. occasionally). The incumbent will communicate verbally or in writing to exchange information, and may need to grasp hand-held devices, (scanners), or use a keyboard. The incumbent will be required to visually read information, either printed, or available on electronic devices or computer monitors.
Expected Hours of work: Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or as assigned by supervisor.
This position can often require overtime work, which may include working on a weekend.